Sunday, April 23, 2006

Blow Out 3

Guilty pleasure #4,753 - Season #3 of Blow Out on Bravo...

Overbearing? Self-centered? Delusional? Yes to all three counts. No, I'm not talking about myself. I'm referring to Jonathan Antin, hairstylist extraordinaire and star of the show.

I've been catching up on all the episodes I've been DVR'ing (has that been recognized by Webster's as a verb yet, by the way?).

Yes, the scenarios now seem contrived - like his manufactured tension between Scott of Zorbit (the guy who designs the packaging for Jonathan Products) - and the product placement scenes are blatant and offensive - see Jonathan saying out loud "I just downloaded the new Pussycat Dolls' song on my Sprint phone" - but the verbal gems keep coming from this overpaid Cali boy....

Most recently, he's said things like (and I'm paraphrasing here):
-"For those of you keeping score at home, it's bad hair zero and Jonathan one million"
-To his therapist - "I'm so over ME"
-"When I see a good hair opportunity, it's like seeing the bat signal in the sky"

No comments: