Sunday, September 10, 2006

It's Been Too Long...

since I last posted. Things have been busy with work, school, and our recent trip to Chicago. I will have to do some catching up but in the meantime, we were watching the re-air of the 2006 MTV Awards tonight and besides the fact that I can't tell the difference between the following bands (AFI, Panic! At the Disco, Fall Out Boy, All American Rejects, etc.), my wife and I were wondering where the heck we were when Jared Leto transformed into a goth looking musical artist? Didn't this guy used to date Cameron Diaz?

In fact, I remember seeing a video on MTV and thinking to myself "Man, this dude looks like Jared Leto." I guess it was him after all. But that MTV Awards show is a train wreck with one bad musical performance after another whether its "alternative" bands who look like they just had a shopping spree at Hot Topic or rappers thanking God for blessing them with lyrical skills or humility (or as my wife commented, "Nothing says humble like having gold teeth"). They even give an award for Best Ringtone. Oh, youth of America....

No comments: