Sunday, May 20, 2007

5th Ave Street Fair

Summer street fair season took off today with the 5th Ave. Street Fair here in Park Slope.

I had a jacket and umbrella but didn't need it since the sun came out and the weather was great as we strolled up 5th Ave. The usual suspects were there - mozzarepa stands, booths selling pillows that looked like "sushi" and, of course, the booths representing the local neighborhood joints.

Except for a samosa that my wife purchased from an Indian restaurant, we pretty much learned our lesson from street fairs past and decided to save our money. I did stop by the Nets booth and entered a drawing for an autographed Jason Kidd basketball even though I am against Bruce Ratner's Atlantic Yards development and can't imagine living blocks away from an arena. I also stopped by the Brooklyn Cyclones booth where the attendant spotted my Cyclones hat and said: "That's what I like to see."

Afterwards, we headed to Alchemy where we had brunch, picked up a few items at Target and then went home.

No comments: