Saturday, March 24, 2007

Vegas, After All

It was disappointing that my wife and I did not get to go to Vegas on our own but I still had to make it out there for my work event.

Flying was still no treat - even three days after the sudden snowstorm in the NYC area. I had to fly to Charlotte, NC and then fly to Vegas from there.

After a couple hours of delays on both legs of the flight, I finally reached my destination. Vegas is certainly not a pretty town - the strip has theme hotel after theme hotel intermixed with strip-mall like establishments and construction sites. All of this resides in a relatively small area surrounded by desert.

Exhausted from the flight and battling a cold, I took a nap immediately. Later that night, I met up with co-workers to have dinner at Social House at Treasure Island. The food was pretty good and we were a little distracted by the Sirens of TI show that takes place in front of the hotel every night. If I had a kid, I don't think I would take them to watch this show but apparently that does not stop the throngs of tourists and families from flocking to this free event.

The next day we had our partner meetings and in the afternoon it was back to "team-building". We had a private poker lesson from a dealer, took in dinner at Il Mulino at the Forum Shops at Caesar's Palace and saw an entertaining show from Penn and Teller at the Rio.

No comments: