Sunday, November 20, 2005

F You, I'm Rich!


A story in today's Chicago Tribune caught my attention. It's about a group of entrepreneurs in the haughty Highland Park suburb who have produced "lattees" (see picture to the left).

That's right. It says "Half Calf Vanilla Nonfat Extra Foamy Latte."

Apparently a group of privileged Trixie moms decided it was just too much work to get their order out for their fav drinks. So why not simply point to their T-shirts?

Is it me, or is this pretty damn obnoxious? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a tasty Starbucks drink as much as the next guy but there's a difference between buying a drink and advertising your privileged background with a shallow message on a T-shirt.

I can picture the Lincoln Park Trixies eating it up. But hey, why stop there? Why don't you just wear a T-Shirt that says "I'm rich, bitch!"?

No comments: