Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Nerd Alert

Is it wrong for me to be excited about Guitar Hero III?

Didn't Activision just come out with the 80's version of this game?

Why am I looking forward to the true sequel to Guitar Hero II?

The gameplay stays the same but the songs change and that's where they make their money. I'm the chump willing to shell out $50 a game just for the opportunity to "play" new songs. It's comparable to the Madden series for EA Sports. Essentially the same gameplay every year, but different rosters. What a business model!

Anyway, here are some of the songs on Guitar Hero III that I am looking forward to:
-"Cherub Rock" by Smashing Pumpkins
-"Cult of Personality" by Living Colour
-"Even Flow" by Pearl Jam
-"My Name is Jonas" by Weezer
-"Reptilia" by The Strokes
-"Sabotage" by Beastie Boys
-"Suck My Kiss" by Red Hot Chili Peppers
-"Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns n Roses

No comments: